Beachhead 2020 will be taking place at the Bournemouth International Centre on the 8th and 9th of February 2020, with the main show taking place on just Saturday the 8th, while Tournaments will both Saturday the 8th and Sunday the 9th.
The Bournemouth International Centre is located at Exeter Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5BH, UK. The BIC is just a short walk from Bournemouth Town Centre, and the Bus loop located there, which can be reached from the surround area via most Morebus and Yellowbus bus lines.
Please be Aware : Due to substantial Waterworks the Bath Road flyover is expected to be closed on the weekend of the show. There is a diversion route to the BIC that takes you round the other side of the square….please allow time to negotiate this on the day.
From Bournemouth Square
Walk south up Gervis Place onto Exeter Road. Turn left at the Odeon Cinema complex and walk up Exeter Road. The BIC will be located up the hill on the opposite side of the street.
From Bournemouth Rail Station
Straight across from the Bournemouth Rail Station are bus stands. Most MoreBus and Yellowbus lines run through Bournemouth Square, just a short walk from the BIC. Look for MoreBus M1, M2 or Yellowbus 4, 4a, 5, or 5a heading towards Bournemouth and follow the above directions from Bournemouth Square.
From Further Afield
There is a multi storey car-park on site at the BIC for those travelling from further afield to reach the show. There are also a number of car parks located throughout Bournemouth Town Centre, a few within easy walking distance are:
- Exeter Road Car Park
- Westover Gardens Car Park
- Pavilion Car Park
- Bath Road North Car Park
There are quite a few hotels located within a short walk from the International Centre, a short list is included below:
- Royal Bath Hotel: Bath Rd, Bournemouth BH1 2EW, UK
- Premier Inn Bournemouth Centre: Westover Rd, Bournemouth BH1 2BZ, UK
- Hilton Bournemouth: Terrace Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5EL, UK
- Royal Exeter Hotel: Exeter Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5AG, UK
Food will be available on site at the BIC during the show, however should you desire, plenty of food options are available nearby in Bournemouth and the BH2 entertainment complex is a 5 minute walk from the venue. A short list of food options is located below, but is far from exhaustive:
- TGI Fridays: LG 6, 7 Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Nandos: Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Moon in the Square Pub: 4-8 Exeter Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5AQ, UK
- NEO Restaurant: Exeter Rd, Bournemouth BH2
- Wagamama: 31-32 Westover Rd, Bournemouth BH1 2BZ, UK
- 7Bone Burger Co.: 9 Gervis Pl, Bournemouth BH1 2AN, UK
- Chiquitos, Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Miller & Carter Steakhouse, Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Fiveguys, Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Pizza Express, Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Prezzo, Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- The Real Greek, Exeter Cres, Bournemouth BH2
- Frankie & Bennys, Exeter Cres. Bournemouth BH2
- Ask Italian, Exeter Cres. Bournemouth BH2